Helping Hand 2022
This is the second edition of the FREE training project for people looking for a job in an international environment. It includes a training package, improvement of business English, IT tools useful at work and individual support of a mentor / coach. Project in English.
What is Helping Hand - 2nd Edition?
This is the second edition of the FREE, educational project for people interested in starting work in an international environment, focused on learning business English, IT tools useful at work and learning about modern work standards.
The project is to show participants the specifics of working in an international environment, taking into account the specifics of work in individual departments of the company "from the inside" and give them the opportunity to check and strengthen their language competences through training conducted entirely in English and dedicated individual conversations with Business English and Polish. All project activities are carried out by experts - State Street volunteers who share their knowledge and experience with participants to help them achieve their career goals.
Who are we addressing the project to?
To diverse people, in a difficult situation on the labor market, the unemployed, at risk of professional exclusion:
in particular to people with the status of a war refugee from Ukraine
as well as to:
- people with disabilities;
- people without corporate experience;
- people disadvantaged due to age and origin;
- caretakers of children and elderly people.
When will the Helping Hand II take place?
Project activities will be carried out online:
Training module: 1-15 June 2022
Other activities will take place within a wider time frame:
- Business English - individual conversations;
- Polish language - individual conversations
For participants of the Helping Hand project, we offer:
- 10 days of online training (approx. 50h) in English
- 16h individual conversations (Business English)
- 16h individual meetings with a mentor / coach
- Individual conversations in Polish
- 30-60 min recruitment interview training
- Certificate confirming the acquired competences
The project provides for training, among others from business competences, incl. such as: business communication, time management, with MS Office in a specific work environment, looking at the BPO / SSC sector from the inside, support in the preparation of a CV.
Additionally, you will have the opportunity for a paid internship.
What do we require from candidates:
- Knowledge of English at least communicative
- Knowledge of MS Office at least basic
- Strong motivation to change your professional situation
Benefits of participating in the project:
The project will allow you to:
- enter or return to the labor market
- increase self-confidence and motivation in seeking employment
- acquire new competences
- adapt to the new work environment
- prepare for recruitment processes (CV and interviews)
from April 1 to May 22 via the APPLY tab (number of places is limited)
Before signing up, read the "Project terms and conditions", which can be found in the tab: FILES TO DOWNLOAD
Discover the successes of the first edition carried out in 2020 under the name "Barriers Breaking Opportunity":
- Over 60 volunteers from many countries took part in the project, including people from high management
- Over 71% of participants found employment within 1 year of participating in the project
Here are some opinions of the participants of the first edition:
"I am pleased to announce that (…) I will start work at the beginning of October 2021. I have waited a long time to settle my personal situation, since May 2020 I am raising two small children by myself(…) Thank you for the opportunity to participate in the programme. The knowledge I gained allowed me to participate in the recruitment process and strengthened my sense of self-confidence when making decisions and in the interviews themselves". Jadwiga
Project co-created by Stella Virium Qualification Development Foundation and State Street Bank Poland.
Project granted by State Street Foundation under Corporate Citizenship.
Witold Kozłowski - Marshal of the Malopolska Region and
Mieczysław Struk - Marshal of the Pomorskie Voivodeship
State Street is the world's leading provider of financial services to institutional investors.More